Code Pipeline Custom Git Provider: Clone FAILED [Solved]
Something to dislike AWS Code Pipeline for is that if you are using a self-hosted git server (GitLab Community or similar), it requires a custom Lambda function that would be performing the clone functions. (I can’t believe this is an official documentation how to Use third-party Git source repositories in AWS CodePipeline
But if you are stumbled upon a dreaded “Source Failed”, like this:
Sadly you won’t be able to find any useful information within Code Pipeline itself. No logs, errors. Nothing.
- Head out to AWS Lambdas in your region
- Search for something like
code, so the code pipeline that does the
git cloneshows up
- Scroll down and click on “View CloudWatch Logs”.
- Open most recent Log Group and search for
CodeBuild Build Status is FAILEDor just
- Find relevant logs above, for me it was
Error while executing command: git submodule foreach git pull origin $Branch. Reason: exit status 128